Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO) is an international NGO that supports humanitarian workers by setting up safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free servicesincluding real-time incident tracking, analytics reporting, security-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff guidance and training.
INSO provides daily support to over 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most dangerous countries.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands and headquartered in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
Summary of work
We have created an exciting new role at INSO – Roving Operations Manager (ROM). Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will play a central role in supporting the set-up of new country offices. ROM will temporarily fill vacancies for Operations Managers, conduct follow-up missions and provide capacity building to field staff. This position requires the ability to deploy on short notice and a high level of flexibility.
You must be an expert in humanitarian operations covering key sectors; human resources, logistics, purchasing, asset and facility management, transportation, security, IT and regulatory compliance, including data protection, environmental policy and third party responsibilities and services.
This position requires a lot of travel – up to 70% – with varying durations and locations. You can work from home providing remote support to country offices or HQ projects the rest of the time.
- Establish local contacts with relevant agencies upon arrival.
- Introduce INSO to the country, explain our mission, detail the products we supply.
- Lead procurement processes to source office, guest house and assets.
- Coordinate with HQ for compilation, legalization and submission of all registration documents.
- Support Country Directors in the recruitment of national staff.
- Conduct training and ensure implementation of INSO policies and procedures.
- Represent INSO at INGO meetings and with other stakeholders.
Capacity building, compliance and support to country offices
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures; set up monitoring, auditing and reporting systems as required during field visits.
- Proactively build the capacity of country operations managers to provide effective support to projects.
- Act as Operations Manager during short-term gap-filling assignments in Country Offices; responsible for human resources, procurement, facilities and asset management, legal and compliance functions
- Act as a knowledge focal point on INSO’s administrative and procurement procedures.
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Working knowledge of French
- Experience in setting up new missions, country and field offices for NGOs.
- Experience working in conflict-affected countries and/or high crime areas.
- Good understanding of supply chain, logistics and procurement in the humanitarian sector
- 3+ years of operations experience – procurement, logistics, human resources, administration, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in maintaining administrative systems; experience in the development of administrative systems, an asset.
- Training experience.
- Work experience in an itinerant management position in the humanitarian field.
- Previous experience or knowledge in logistics and procurement.
- General knowledge of donor procurement regulations.
- Existing knowledge of INSO and affinity with its mission.
- Experience as an HRIS user or administrator
- Proven administrative and organizational skills.
- Language skills in Arabic, Portuguese.
Key personal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outgoing personality.
- Very adaptable
Terms and conditions: 12 month contract (renewable), salary of €5,000 per month, 2.5 days of annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months, worldwide medical coverage (excluding USA) and AD&D coverage of 200,000 usd. Roving positions can be based at the headquarters in The Hague, the Netherlands, or in a country or region where INSO works. You must comply with the residency and tax requirements of the country in which you are based.
INSO Safeguard Policy
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, screening and vetting of all potential new staff, directors and volunteers and we will ensure strict adherence to our Code of Conduct and Safeguard Policy throughout the recruitment process.
How to register
Interested candidates are requested to send the following to [email protected] and reference “Road Operations Manager” in the subject of your email.
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation to apply and what you hope to bring to INSO (1 page max).
- Up-to-date CV (3 pages maximum)
Please do not send additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.