Project/Activity: Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Purchasing and Supply Management (PSM)
- The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project provides procurement and supply management support to U.S. government-funded public health programs to ensure an uninterrupted supply of commodities to prevent suffering, save lives and create a better future for families everywhere.
- In Nigeria, GHSC-PSM provides health product procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that addresses all elements of a complete supply chain.
- The project distributes HIV/AIDS, malaria and family planning commodities to health facilities and laboratories in all 36 states of Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory.
- He is also leading the operationalization of the National Integrated Sample Referral Network in Nigeria. In addition to GHSC-PSM, the Nigeria Implementation Team is also supporting an agreement with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria to strengthen public health supply chains by providing warehousing and distribution for HIV and malaria commodities.
- The Learning and Knowledge Management Officer will support the implementation of the Knowledge Management and Strategic Communication Strategy (LKM&SC) and GHSC-PSM learning and knowledge management activities in Nigeria.
- The Manager, Learning and Knowledge Management is responsible for overseeing all knowledge-related activities, including the management, capture, sharing and accessibility of knowledge assets.
- He/she is expected to work alongside GHSC-PSM stakeholders, internal and external, to promote and optimize the use of project knowledge assets.
- The ideal candidate possesses soft skills such as excellent leadership, effective communication, problem solving, coaching and teamwork.
- These skills will help foster a culture of knowledge sharing made possible through orientation and learning.
- He/she will be well equipped with knowledge base features and functionality and be able to communicate them effectively to teams.
- As a manager in a fast-paced, knowledge-driven environment, he/she will need to be able to identify concepts and ideas and come up with solutions quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of learning and adaptive management approaches and interventions based on best practices and learning applicable to the GHSC-PSM context
- Promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by defining, supporting and encouraging the use of knowledge for employees of all skill levels and roles
- Proactively leverage innovative opportunities to plan, implement and report on learning events, forums, platforms, conferences and workshops that promote self-reliance and ownership of the public supply chain by the government of Nigeria.
- Support cross-learning between project implementation teams, including central, regional and state levels
- Support the development and testing of data visualization tools, methods and analytics to support learning and adaptive management
- Leverage innovative and well-established information sources and research methods, including observations, assessments, surveys and reports to foster learning and adaptive management.
- Oversee capacity building initiatives for learning and adaptive management.
- Actively support internal and external learning processes, including debriefing the implementation of activities (and events), identifying and analyzing lessons learned from technical activities.
- Monitor progress leveraging analytics to assess impact, engagement, functionality and effectiveness of knowledge management strategy
- Assume additional responsibilities assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, information technology, management, organizational development, or related field and at least six years of relevant experience in knowledge management and facilitating multidisciplinary learning and adaptive management efforts with demonstrated experience of increased responsibility; or master’s degree in a related field and at least three years of relevant experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong systems thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills. Good knowledge of Microsoft 365 and SharePoint preferred
- Experience using knowledge management systems
- Expertise in learning and adaptive management approaches and methods and their practical application
- In-depth and in-depth knowledge of sectors and complex development issues, in particular public supply chain management systems in Nigeria or similar, and the challenges of applying traditional monitoring, evaluation and reporting models. learning in these areas
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience applying design thinking principles and tools to solve implementation problems
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder and multi-sectoral learning and adaptive management efforts.
- Demonstrated experience developing content and coordinating learning events, and applying a variety of adult and organizational learnings, including coaching, mentoring, peer-to-peer exchange and others.
- Exceptional and values-driven integrity, including ensuring a safe work environment and equal opportunity for all
- Excellent research and analytical skills, ability to write clearly and persuasively (including for non-technical audiences) and excellent communication skills.
- The Manager, Learning and Knowledge Management will report directly to the Senior Manager LKM&SC.
- The Manager, Learning and Knowledge Management will supervise a regional officer from LKM&SC.
- This is a long term position based in Abuja, Nigeria.
To note: Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran’s disability, or genetic information or any other reason prohibited by employment law.
Interested and qualified? Visit Panagora Group at panagoragroup.zohorecruit.com to apply