Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United StatesSite:
Mon 1 Nov 21Posted on:
KieranTimberlake is currently looking for a Design Technology Specialist to join our team. Our design practice includes more than 90 professionals from diverse backgrounds and is recognized around the world as a leader in sustainable design. We are signatories to the AIA 2030 Commitment and the US Architects Declare.
The Design Technology Specialist will be a member of KieranTimberlake Research Group and will work alongside peer mentors in design computation, knowledge management and visualization towards a blend of agile design practices and effective project delivery methods. They will be responsible for applying their understanding of modeling workflows and design documentation principles to support architectural and research project teams. Their regular activities will include the following:
- Advancing the use of BIM at the office level and improving BIM literacy
- Collaborate with project teams on best practice modeling across all phases of the project
- Develop digital tools and IT solutions for construction projects
- Evaluate emerging modeling, simulation and visualization workflows
- BIM training for designers at all levels
- Management of BIM standards, work plans, models, tools and digital content libraries
- Lead office-wide initiatives with the Office Knowledge Manager and Visualization Specialist
- Participate in interdisciplinary brainstorming sessions on a wide range of topics including building performance, environmental justice, human health, post-occupancy assessment and many more
The ideal candidate is a thoughtful and curious person who wishes to be part of a collaborative and interdisciplinary team and can demonstrate:
- A degree in architecture or another field related to design
- At least 3-5 years of experience using BIM for design and construction
- Expertise in Revit, Rhino and visual scripting software (Dynamo and / or Grasshopper)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to ask questions, identify ideas and synthesize ideas
- Desire to learn and share new methods and skills
Although not necessary, additional consideration will be given to people with:
- Familiarity with visualization workflows (Enscape, Lumion and / or VRay)
- Familiarity with content management and collaboration platforms (Autodesk BIM360, Avail, Kinship, Sharepoint and / or Unifi)
KieranTimberlake transforms built and natural environments through artistry, integrity, innovation and performance. The firm’s investigative culture enables it to deliver exceptional social, ethical and environmental results to its clients.
Founded in 1984, KieranTimberlake brings together the experience and talents of various professionals in a practice recognized around the world. Emphasizing research, ecology, history and aesthetics, its interdisciplinary process inspires creativity and encourages the sharing of ideas, knowledge and techniques. The company’s work includes the programming, planning and design of new buildings, adaptive reuse and urban and campus planning, as well as the development of performance analysis and forecasting tools; monitoring of buildings and the environment; and new construction technologies.
KieranTimberlake is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status veteran.
Interested applicants must submit the following via our site here:
- Cover letter indicating interest in the position
- Current CV, including three references
- Project portfolio
Due to the number of interested applicants, we are unable to accommodate all requests.
The position reports to the Director of Design Calculation and Company Associates. The salary is proportional to professional experience, demonstrated knowledge and level of education. A full package of benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision and life will be offered.