CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM and CIPT beta exams
Test our new forms and save!
Each year, the IAPP updates the exam forms to reflect changes in the industry and to remove older questions. Before releasing these forms to the general public, we need to collect review data to verify that the new form meets our benchmark standard through a beta test. We would love for you to help us test the new CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM or CIPT exam forms and save your exam fees significantly. In fact, we’d like to offer you our discounted rate of 50% off your exam fees—that’s a savings of $275.00 on a full price exam!
But first, let’s answer a few questions you might have.
Where and when can I take the exams?
Testing will be available at our nearly 6,000 computerized testing centers around the world, or in the privacy of your home or office with remote monitoring, but please note that testing windows are limited. Here is the program :
- CIPP/US & CIPT: August 15 – 28
Registration is open and closes August 14
- CIPP/E & CIPM: August 29 – September 11
Registration is open and closes August 28
Are these new IAPP tests?
No. These tests are not new IAPP exams, but rather new forms of our existing certification exams. Think of forms as separate versions of a specific test. The IAPP’s CIPM exam, for example, can have Form 1, Form 2, Form 3, and so on.
Some exam questions repeat in different forms and some are unique to each.
However, all exams cover the same general content in a designation, regardless of the particular questions that appear on each form.
Why is it necessary to have several new forms?
The reason for creating different forms is partly due to security. If ever a form were leaked and a number of exam questions ended up on the internet, the IAPP would be able to quickly and easily delete that form and still have several more to manage safely.
Offering multiple forms is also desirable because of our retake option: a candidate who does not pass an exam the first time around will not see the exact same questions when they retake the exam.
How are the new forms different from the exam forms currently in use?
Applicants testing the new forms should prepare for questions on the topics listed below. There are new versions of the body of knowledge here under “Certification – Free Resources”. Please note that only the CIPP/E has modified the examination plan. Please allow up to 4 weeks after the testing window closes to receive your scores.
The following represents the updated content you can expect during exams:
- Transparency requirements regarding data protection notices
- Important aspects of CCS 2021 (scope, approach, new obligations, etc.)
- Implications of the Schrems 2 Judgment on Safe Harbor, Privacy Shield, SCCs and Other Transfer Mechanisms
- EDPB guidelines on important data protection topics (see body of knowledge for specific guidelines)
- Implications of the Schrems II decision on data transfers
- GLBA exemptions under state law; Driver Privacy Protection Act
- Automated employment decision tools
- Colorado Privacy Act (CPA)
- Nevada Privacy Act (SB260)
- Requirements/Responsibility of Business Associates under HIPAA and HITECH
- State privacy laws for students (especially SOPPA)
- Applicability of national privacy laws to HR data
- Updates on data sharing and usage processes, including secondary use, vendor limitations, and objections to use
- Updates on risk assessments, control and alignment
- Privacy Incident Notification, Reporting and Record Keeping Updates
- Updates on internal and external policy processes and compliance
- Added topics in multiple areas: Classification and processing records; masking; irreversible masking; Privileged Access Management (PAM); centralized identity inventory; Identity-based dynamic masking; privacy risk assessment and analysis; privacy audits and IT control reviews; cleaning data in production and non-production environments; Adtech and cookies; mobile phones and applications; advanced computing; Smart cities and vehicles; Blockchain and NFT; Virtual, augmented and mixed reality.
- Clarification of topics for the Privacy Engineering role: Effective implementation, technology controls and privacy protection during the development lifecycle.
How do I register?
This is the easy part. Just buy your beta exam here then schedule your exam during beta test dates.
Already have an exam pending, but want to participate in the beta? Contact us.
Thank you in advance for your participation and good luck with your exam!