Department: Department of Business Economics – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: April 25, 2022
Start date: September 1, 2022 or later
Type of employment: full time
Working area: Management
The Department of Business Economics at Masaryk University is looking for an experienced and highly motivated researcher to further develop its interdisciplinary research program.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- extensive experience in business administration, in particular on the subject of business performance, its methods of measuring and evaluating performance,
- the potential to lead their own research team, mentor PhD students and lecture in the area of business and corporate performance,
- a doctorate in business administration, business management or a related field and at least five years of experience as a postdoctoral fellow, researcher, assistant professor or associate professor.
The position allows the candidate to pursue their research program and develop new research projects in the above fields. The successful candidate will form a new research team that will include current members of the department and PhD students. The selected individual will work closely with existing research teams in the department with a view to submitting projects for external research grants. Active participation in teaching (lectures and tutoring) is an integral part of the job.
The position is open to experienced researchers and talented young scholars seeking their first Associate Professor position leading a research team at a reputable university.
We are looking for:
- a full-time associate professor (or extraordinary professor) (40 hours per week)
- applicants with a significant research interest in the field:
- business performance, measurement (financial and non-financial), evaluation and analysis.
Additionally, applicants are encouraged to focus on one of the other secondary research topics:
- Business process management (planning included),
- Innovation Management (product innovation, services, business models)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Interest in knowledge-intensive businesses (start-ups) is welcome.
What does the position consist of?
- Publication in leading academic journals in the field of business and management,
- leadership role in a research team,
- success in obtaining external research grants,
- participation in the teaching of bachelor’s and master’s courses in the business management program with a workload of 2 to 4 hours per week,
- supervision of master’s theses,
- supervision of doctoral students.
What do we need ?
- doctorate in the field of Administration/Business Management or related field,
- Five years of experience in a postdoc, researcher, assistant professor or associate professor position,
- several publications in the top 50% of journals in the field of business, management and accounting (according to WoS),
- research focused on business performance or related topics,
- experience in submitting research grant proposals and participating in research projects,
- established international collaborations, including collaborations with researchers from internationally renowned universities,
- ability to teach and communicate in English,
- interest in staying at the faculty for at least three years,
- the first start date of the contract is September 1, 2022. A later start date can be negotiated
What do we offer?
- A position in one of the top-ranked universities in the world (#550 according to the QS World University Rankings),
- your own team of at least two full-time assistant teachers,
- the support of an experienced projects and grants department,
- Initial 3-year contract (with possible extension and tenure track),
- an annual research budget of EUR 3,000 guaranteed by the department,
- a salary of 80,000 CZK/month (about 3,100 EUR) + bonuses (the average salary in the Czech Republic is about 39,000 CZK),
- opportunities for professional growth (e.g. academic seminar series, internships, exchanges, participation in research projects),
- flexible working hours and occasional work from home to meet personal family and career needs,
- wide range of social benefits (e.g. eight weeks of paid vacation per year, contribution to retirement savings, language courses, university cinema, exclusive mobile rate, sports activities, vaccination),
- possibility of subsidized university accommodation and relocation assistance,
- friendly and international working environment,
- opportunity to work and live in a modern and safe city close to three European capitals, Vienna, Prague and Bratislava.
About the workplace
Masaryk University (MUNI) is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education. The university provides an inspiring research and teaching environment for its 35,000 students and 5,500 employees.
MUNI is located in the university town of Brno, Czech Republic. Based on the most recent data from the OECD Better Life Index, the Czech Republic ranks just after the United States and the United Kingdom. Proximity to nature and other historical cities (e.g. Prague, Vienna, Budapest), a variety of cultural and entertainment attractions and optimal personal safety make Brno one of the 100 best university cities in the world, according to students. More details here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kal6NSc_Nc
The Department of Business Economics is an intrinsic part of Masaryk University, offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral study programs in business management. The Department is developing a multidisciplinary center of expertise to offer fundamental and applied research. The research activities of the department focus on the following themes: Application of behavioral economics in the context of marketing research and marketing in B2B markets; Resource-efficient circular product-service systems; Closed-loop vision of the business value of the information system: the two-way relationship between IT/IS investments and business performance; Functional and effective knowledge management in projects; Behavior of organizations and their stakeholders and others. The department’s website is at: https://www.econ.muni.cz/en/about-us/organizational-structure/562000-deptof-corporate-economy
Application and selection procedure
The request must be submitted online before April 25, 2022, via an electronic application (Please use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate must provide:
- an academic CV including a summary of professional experience, involvement in research projects and a description of teaching experience over the past ten years,
- a link to the updated Publons profile mentioned in the CV,
- a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the position at Masaryk University and to live in the Czech Republic.
After successfully submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
For more information about the position and the department, please do not hesitate to contact the member of the department Eva Svandova, email: [email protected]
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources Manager Eva Karkošková, email: [email protected]
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of their personal background. The selection process is based on an open, transparent and merit-based recruitment policy. Masaryk University does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or orientation sexual. The faculty holds the HR Excellence Award.
Workplace: Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: 3-year contract with possibility of extension and tenure-track, academic position
EU researcher profile: R3
Business hours: 1 FTE (full-time job of 40 hours per week)
Expected start date: September 1, 2022 or later
Number of open positions: 1
Registration deadline: April 25, 2022
We look forward to hearing from you!
Teacher. Msgr. Jiří Špalek, Ph.D.